European Union Scholarships Eligibility and Selection Process
The EU Scholarships Project has a twofold objective: to promote social inclusion with the principles of equality and empower students to pursue their education and career goals.
In recognition of the importance of fairness and transparency, the EU Scholarships Project has introduced straightforward and inclusive criteria for the selection process. These criteria not only prioritize academic achievement but also take into account various factors that may impact access to higher education.
Eligibility for Application
Provinces Open to Application:
This scholarship program is offered in collaboration with Consortium Partners, and only students studying in the following provinces are eligible to apply:
Ankara, Kayseri, Eskisehir, Konya, Trabzon, Karabuk, Samsun, Izmir, Erzurum, Adana, Mersin, Hatay, Elazig, Gaziantep, Kilis, Sanliurfa, Malatya, Kahramanmaras, Diyarbakir, Mardin, Van, Istanbul, Bursa.
Please note that you can only apply for the scholarship if you are studying in any of the listed provinces.
Eligibility Criteria: The scholarship is open to Syrians with Temporary Protection Status, International Protection Status Holders and Citizens of the Republic of Türkiye. The eligible departments and faculties for application include Engineering, Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Design and Architecture, Art and Science, Education, Law, Language, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Communication.
The minimum academic achievement criterion is a GPA of 2.5/4.00 or 65/100.
Applications from eligible candidates are meticulously reviewed by the Scholarship Offices in respective regions based on several criteria, including academic standing, qualifications, academic interests, and involvement in social activities. Successful students are not required to undergo an additional interview, but any missing documents should be promptly completed. To be considered for this scholarship, eligible candidates must complete the scholarship application form.
Continuation and Termination of the Scholarship
Prior to applying, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with the scholarship's eligibility requirements and termination conditions. Here are some important factors to consider:
- Consistency of declared information
- Keeping your eligibility information up to date
- Adherence to disciplinary rules and compliance with national and international policies and procedures
- Successful completion of the academic year and prevention of repetition
- Notification of citizenship or status changes
- Absence of intervals exceeding three months, such as continuous enrollment, military service, family reasons, prolonged absence, or leaving the country
- Receiving sponsorship or scholarships from other consortia, particularly ESPS
Other Important Considerations
- Applicants who have received or are currently receiving a scholarship from the ESPS Project or another project under the same fund are not eligible for the EU Scholarship. This policy ensures fair distribution and support to students in need. In this context, the student's evaluation is based on the project for which they initially applied.
- All eligible students can apply for either university tuition or stıpend (pocket money), but only one type of scholarship can be awarded per applicant.
- By submitting your application, you confirm the accuracy of the provided information. It is crucial to instantly update your personal information on the platform in case of any changes. This ensures the validity and integrity of your application throughout the selection process.
- After receiving the scholarship award, you will be required to provide a EURO bank account for funds transfer.